Survive the Gusts of the Storm with Florida Wind Mitigation
Hurricane season is not over until November…only a few more months! While we are still in season, it may be a good idea to go over a few safety procedures for surviving a hurricane. Florida is known for its winds during this time which is why you should not only protect yourself, but your home from damages. Sadly, sometimes the damages are out of our control which is why Florida wind mitigation discounts are offered to FL residents. Having FL wind insurance is a necessity in this state. More importantly, in order to stay safe from a hurricane, you must know how to get ready for it.
Here are a few ways you and your family can prepare for an unexpected storm:
1. Keep trees and shrubbery trimmed so a flying branch won’t go come through your window.
2. Be sure that the shingles on your roof are not loose enough to fly off.
3. Take in all yard equipment and clean up your lawn. Any toys or tools could be damaging to your home if they are picked up by the wind.
4. Have an evacuation plan that your whole family knows.
5. Look into wind insurance and be sure to check out Florida wind mitigation discounts. Depending on your location, your policy will differ from others.
Hurricanes will come whether we are prepared for it or not. The first step to protect you and your family is to have your home inspected and see if you apply for any Florida wind mitigation discounts. At IOA Tampa Bay, we want to provide you with these discounts and credit in order to make sure home safer which features including: roof shape, improved roof shingles, strong roof decks and hurricane clips/straps. Do not wait until a hurricane is on its way- be ready today!